Summary Care Records/DSAR

Access to your Personal Information

Data Subject Access Requests (DSAR): You have a right under the Data Protection legislation to request access to view or to obtain copies of what information the surgery holds about you and to have it amended should it be inaccurate. To request this, you need to do the following:

  • Your request should be made to the practice – for information from the hospital you should write direct to them.
  • There is no charge to have a copy of the information held about you.
  • We are required to respond to you within one month.
  • You will need to give adequate information (for example full name, address, date of birth, NHS number and details of your request) so that your identity can be verified, and your records located information we hold about you at any time.

You can opt out at any time, using our Summary Care Opt Out form.

What Should you do if your Personal Information Changes?

You should tell us so that we can update our records. Please use our Change of Personal Details form as soon as any of your details change. This is especially important for changes of address or contact details (such as your mobile phone number), the practice will from time to time ask you to confirm that the information we currently hold is accurate and up to date.